When: Sunday, 15-June-2014
Where: International Airport Road
Reporting Time: 6:15AM
Race Start: 7:00AM
Race Fee: INR 300 online registration (Students race free – flash your ID Card!) NO SPOT REGISTRATIONS
Registrations Closes on Friday.
Whats New This Race !!!!
- Goodies for Podium
- Cutt off time of 4:29mins ;)
- Special Award !!!!
- 6:15 AM - Reporting time
- 6:45 AM - Bib pick-up closed
- 6:50 AM - Briefing
- 7:00 AM - Race starts
- 11:29 AM - Official race end time/ Podium ceremony.
- 12:00 PM - Go home!
- Start Location : - Race HQ is 3 km from the airport toll gate. Take a U-turn when you see the Cafe Coffee Day and HP petrol bunk on the opposite side on the highway where bib collection, pre-race briefing and staging will take place. Cars can be parked in the service lane.
THE WAY OUT
The race rolls north on NH-7, past a couple intersections that will be marshaled. After 37 km of rolling terrain, some really long flyovers, exposed highway, and south-westerly crosswinds to deal with, the race "descends" 8 km, on straight and fast highway, to the U-turn point. The U-turn will be marshaled and will have a neutral feed station.
THE WAY BACK
The first challenge of the course is the 8 km of highway climbs from the U-turn point. Once that is behind you, the race continues to go south until the marshaled right-hander that has you crossing the highway and put riders on the approach to Nandi. Here, you have to deal with a block headwind, a railway crossing, a series of low speed humps and a false-flat all the way to the base of the climb.
Nandi Hills is a double headed climb. The total climb is 7 km at around 5%. The first 4 km is the shallower bit to a saddle point where you switch from Nandi I to Nandi II. The last 3 km to the summit of Nandi II is steeper, includes some steep switchbacks and kicks to the finish!
- Riders are expected to be on self supported race mode including mechanical fixing, flat fixing, carrying their own toolkit, towing of the cycle if required etc.
- Emergency ambulance support will be available (Thanks to Sita Bhateja speciality hospital and Spectrum Physio. You guys are awesome!)
- Any rider can contact the race director through a specified BBCh phone number which will be active ONLY on race day (07406-998925)
- Riders are expected to read and understand and adhere to the rules of the race available on the website (http://bbch.in/RulesBook.htm)
- The race referee reserves the sole discretion of analyzing any situation during the race and his opinion will be considered final
- Registration is strictly on-line (http://bbch14-race5.doattend.com) and no spot registration will be allowed
If you would like to get in touch with the the core team, please do shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Further details all on the race page
June 15, 2014
Add to your calendar
International Airport Road
International Airport Road